Kaleider is a production studio
We make cool stuff with meaning for people to experience all over the globe
What we do
- We play at the edges of installation, live performance and digital.
- We make the work of our Artistic Director, Seth Honnor, almost always in collaboration with other artists, technologists, scientists, producers, or researchers.
- We commission others to make work, often bringing diverse groups together to respond to a specific context or opportunity.
- Kaleider Studios is in Exeter, UK, where we host and support a Resident Community of creative individuals and companies, many of whom we collaborate with and who collaborate with each other.
- We love strong partnerships. We are Co-Executive Producers, with Watershed, on the South West Creative Technology Network. It’s a three year project working between industry and Higher Education to innovate in the areas of immersion, automation and data, across the south west of England.
Why we do it
- Kaleider’s aim is to bring people together to respond creatively to some of the greatest challenges of our time.
- We want to create extraordinary, human centered experiences, products and services that help us all towards a better understanding of ourselves and our world.
If you’re intereseted to find out more you can read our plan for 2018 – 2022 Make Make [together] Make.
Meet Our Team
At Kaleider we pride ourselves on being an open, exciting, caring, and interesting place to work, where our staff team is always learning.
Daina is Studio Coordinator at Kaleider. She provides administrative support to the Kaleider Team and assists in the smooth running of Kaleider Studios.
Seth is the Founder of Kaleider and our Artistic Director.
Jocelyn is Studio Producer at Kaleider as well as producing our international work.
Katie is Executive Producer. She heads up all production, leads the producing team and runs the company with Seth and Peter.
Peter is Kaleider's General Manager. He leads on finance, administration and manages the company.
Josie is a Producer at Kaleider with specific responsibility for distribution of Kaleider's work in the UK.
Andy is Kaleider's Creative Technologist, with a particular focus on the South West Creative Technology Network.
Charlie is Kaleider's Producer for the South West Creative Technology Network.
Jay Kerry is Production Manager at Kaleider
Amy SheltonArtist / Honeyscribe
I came out of there realising I’d been 'through the Kaleider' much in the same way Mr Benn in the 1970’s children’s programme did something quite ordinary like go shopping and came out of the shop having been on a pretty amazing adventure!
Alasdair AllanTechnology Journalist and Kaleider Resident
I’m heavily involved in the London, New York, and Silicon Valley startup scenes, and Kaleider is a little bit of the Valley’s magic sprinkled into the depths of the west country.
Jay GascoigneDigital Creative Industries Impact Manager - Innovation, Impact and Business / University of Exeter
Institutionally University of Exeter is learning from Kaleider. Kaleider’s presence and partnership has been invaluable, supporting the University to reach new audiences and partners and create new impacts on society and business through our research.
The Money could be the greatest reality TV show that hasn’t happened yet.
Dr Alberto ArribasHead of Informatics Lab / UK Met Of ce
The Kaleider community continually push us out of our comfort zone to look at the problems we’re trying to solve from different perspectives. This environment is key for the Informatics Lab to continue to make new and relevant things in the future.
Meet our Board
Our Board of Directors is a skilled and experienced group who are highly engaged in Kaleider's work.
Jan was a founding director of Kaleider. She has over 30 years of arts and cultural management experience across England, Scotland and Wales.
Mark Cotton - Chair
Mark runs his own independent consultancy business supporting charities and social purpose organisations. He has 12 years experience of working in a senior position within one of the largest public funding organisations in the UK.
Felicity is a Senior Applied Scientist at the Met Office, working with health and government customers, as well as commercial clients, providing bespoke interpretation of climate change science.
Stuart is CEO at Equiniti, a data technology company he set up as Marketing Source in 2006 and sold to the Equiniti Group in 2017, becoming one of the UKs most successful entrepreneurs. Stuart trained at LAMDA before launching a successful career as an actor, writer and director.
Bee is a paper flower artist with a design studio, Wild Hive. She makes beautiful botanical creations from studies of deconstructed flowers. Prior to starting Wild Hive, Bee worked as a theatre designer. She is a trained Bookkeeper.
Dr Nicola Thomas
Nicola is Associate Professor in Cultural and Historical Geography at the University of Exeter. She has developed a body of work around craft geographies, situating contemporary and 20th century craft practice within the broader creative economy.
Seth Honnor and Peter Vanderford are also Company Directors